Title: The Case for Christ: A Journalist’s Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus
Author: Lee Strobel
Font: Medium Print.
Movie: Yes! You can check out the movie from PureFlix on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video.
Recommend: Absolutely, Yes!
One Sentence Summary: The Case for Christ takes the reader on Lee Strobel’s investigative journey of examining the evidence for Christ.
The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel focuses on the evidence for Jesus Christ. The book is broken down into three sections:
• Part 1: Examining the Record
• Part 2: Analyzing Jesus
• Part 3: Researching the Resurrection
Each chapter in the book follows a standard structure:
• Each chapter begins with Strobel drawing the reader in by Strobel setting up the scene for his interview.
• Each chapter features an expert in the evidence Strobel is examining.
• At times, the material can be complex. However, Strobel designed the chapters to be easy-to-follow with headers and sub-headers.
• Each chapter closes with reflection or study questions to either be considered individually or in a group setting
• If a particular topic piqued a reader’s interest, Strobel lists several resources for the reader to explore.
The Case for Christ takes readers on a journey of discovering Jesus Christ through the lens of Lee Strobel.
The Case For Christ
By Lee Strobel
Through Strobel’s journey, he was transformed from an unbelieving atheist to a devoted Christ-follower. Through Strobel’s questions and his dedication to a thorough investigation, my faith in Christ strengthened. It is by asking questions, we deepen our relationships. Strobel’s detailed oriented style allowed me to think deeply about the subjects discussed. Moreover, Strobel’s case gave me the awareness of many of the questions facing Christianity. Through this book, I gained a new perspective on who Christ was in the 1st century and who He is today!.
My Three Biggest Takeaways:
“But what the New Testament has in its favor, especially when compared with other ancient writings, is the unprecedented multiplicity of copies that have survived.” (Dr. Bruce M. Metzger, Page 62).
“The odds alone say it would be impossible for anyone to fulfill the Old Testament prophecies…Yet Jesus-and only Jesus throughout all of history-managed to do it.” (Louis M. Lapides, Page 199).
“Christianity is unique. It’s based on the “done” plan- Jesus has done for us on the cross what we cannot do for ourselves: he has paid the death penalty that we deserve for our rebellion and wrongdoing, so we can become reconciled with God.” (Page 290).